Interview with Mister Joe Mullen by Sonya



Sonya:
Tell me about yourself.

Mister Joe:
I'm almost sixty. I'm an artist.

Sonya:
I heard that you are a college professor.

Mister Joe:
Yes I taught college for 18 years, a Survey of Fine Art and Introduction to Philosophy. I have degrees in both.

Sonya:
Did you say you like boating and fishing?

Mister Joe:
I fell in the river just last night. I was walking in the river after dark and I fell three times, skinned my knee.

Sonya:
You were walking over water?

Mister Joe:
No I can't do that. Not even a tiny bit.

Sonya:
What do you do in your spare time?

Mister Joe:
I'm on the river. I enjoy gardening. I'm enjoying the company of you kids. I missed Kat when she was out.

Sonya:
What haven't I asked you that you might tell me?

Mister Joe:
I worked on the Greenway with Destiny. We floated boats down the river and picked up garbage. We filled a forty yard dumpster with garbage rom the river. Oh! And I am waiting for a very wealthy person to discover one of my art projects, a monument to Adam, based on Mark Twain's writing. The City of Elmira has approved it but we still have to raise the money to cast it in bronze.

Mark Twain's corpse is still waiting.